Ciao! For those of you that I haven’t “virtually” met online, my name is Rick and I’m an American living in Rome with my Italian wife and my (half) Italian bambina.
Everybody knows—or at least assumes—that children pick up languages easier than adults. After observing my own child for the last three years, I can now confirm that theory.
Children are better able to tap into the inborn tools that we all have for language acquisition without the blocks or embarrassments that impede adults on the same path.
I constantly marvel at how quickly my little figlia is learning TWO languages at the same time, and I’m so grateful that she has that opportunity. She’ll probably learn at least one more at school, and this skill alone will open up many doors to her future.
Learning a Second Language as an Adult
I learned my second language as an adult (after the age of 40, in fact), so I’m constantly reviewing and practicing my Italian. Since I no longer possess the carefree mindset of my toddler, I rely on other tools.
After trying every method out there, I have settled on a good software program. The current industry standard is Rocket Italian. Hands down, it’s the best Italian language software that you can buy today. I refer to it nearly every day.
Why is it so effective? As you’ve probably already guessed, it’s because it mimics the way we learned our first language; not by “studying” it, but by actually using it in real life scenarios.
When you compare learning methods side by side, it’s a wonder that anybody would choose classroom lessons, a workbook, or recorded audio. Those are all great supplements, but as a primary method, they all fail.
Here’s just a few of the benefits that Rocket Italian offers:
- A proven structure to follow instead of random lessons that often don’t correlate with each other.
- Practice on your own schedule. Pick a time when you’re feeling motivated, and never worry about missing a lesson due to scheduling conflicts.
- Practice at your own speed. Not possible in a classroom, because all students learn at a different pace.
- Incorporate all forms of communication: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Tie them all together for unity and continuity.
- Take it with you on the go. Your “classroom” is wherever you have a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. NO excuses for missing a lesson.
- The software makes it fun with games, quizzes, and multimedia.
Save time, save money, get results
Listen, traditional methods of language acquisition have their individual merits, but if you want to be able to actually USE the language, then Rocket Italian software is by far the best.
And in case you’re worried about wasting your money, fear not, they have a 60-day no questions, no hassles guarantee. You can get your money back for ANY reason, even if you decide that you “just don’t have the time.”
By the way, I’m here for you, too. If you have any questions about the program that their support staff can’t answer for you, just drop me an email. I’m happy to offer my advice and experience.